The python bit the child, knocked him into the water with him and wrapped himself around one leg. The boy’s 76-year-old grandfather came to the rescue, diving into the pool to pull him out of the water, the snake still coiled up. Ben Blake then untied the python and tried to calm the situation. “I’m not a little boy, I released it in 15 to 20 seconds,” he said. The boy, now considered “a real soldier”, is recovering well.
“This is Australia, they are everywhere”
“Once we cleaned up the blood and told him he wasn’t going to die because he wasn’t a poisonous snake, he was pretty good,” his father said. Although pythons are not poisonous, the five-year-old is being treated to prevent his bite from becoming infected.